Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hilton Head 2008

We took our family vacation this year as we did last year in the Spring to Hilton Head Island, SC. As we typically do in Hilton Head, we had a BLAST!

We stayed at the Marriott's Surfwatch Resort and loved the resort. I can't really remember all that we did that week since I was so lazy in posting anything since April...I just finished perusing our friends' blogs and felt really lousy. So I'll let the pictures tell the story for me...

Enjoy,
HSHLD 5


This was the view of the rest of the resort from our room





Drew and I built a circular castle and had a "battle with his Army men (look real close). I think the good guys won!


A nice picture of "the man" sitting on the porch of the main building just before our fishing tournament!

This is the winning fish caught by Drew (well, as the war story is told by him). A nice size catfish caught in the lake at our resort. I think Drew was more afraid of the fish than excited that he caught it based off of the look on his face!

Daddy and Drew on the beach

We traditionally go to a restaurant called Hudson's on the Calibogue Sound for dinner when we are at Hilton Head. It's on eof the best places for seafood on the island and has cool fishing boats to explore!

Mommy and Drew flying his Dragon kite on the beach at our resort

One of the days while we were there we took a morning kayak trip on Broad Creek which runs East/West. We didn't see any dolphins but saw plenty of other wildlife such as crabs, egrets and a giant sea ray!

Playing shuffleboard at the resort turned out to be one of Drew'
s favorite things to do! We played more games of shuffleboard than I can count! He got pretty good by weeks end!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should have a great day today.

Sarahbeth said...

Hey! Look who I found! Ok, next spring call me from Hilton Head--I'm right there!