Friday, January 4, 2008

Can You Read Drewese?



As we were cleaning-up and taking-down Christmas decorations this afternoon, we came across these little "notes" that Drew wrote. I must say we have been very proud of Drew for his reading that he has been doing (he's on level 2 books now)! His writing, on the other hand, needs translation from him.

So, in the spirit of reading Drew's writing, we are holding the first annual "Decipher the Drewese" contest. This is an opportunity for all of you "lurkers" out there that visit our site but never leave comments-hence the term lurker-to comment on the site. If you can decipher, line by line what these two notes from Drew say, then you will receive a leftover Christmas gift from us.

Just to let you all know, we already know what the notes say as we had to have Drew decipher them for us:-)

Good luck...

3 comments:

Household6 said...

Please do not come in my room. Not grown ups (missed something in there) Thank you.

This second one is clearly a check list for Santa:

Gun
Glow in the Dark Skateboard?
not sure about that next one
Robot Dad
Robot Dog
To Santa Claus

How was that? Am I close?

Seeing this makes me so frustrated at the class Sam was in last year, they really botched his first year in school! He's doing better now, but it's been a lot of work on our part.

Talk to you soon!

Heather

P.S. I have a lot of lurkers too!!! I wish they would comment.

Spurlock Crew said...

Hi Heather! You are so close! But I don't want to give away the answer just yet...building up the anticipation...stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

Brian & Kristin,
Yes, I've been a lurker! But I love your site because I can keep up with you guys. Grandma Bessie was out during Christmas and I showed it to her. She's AMAZED at how big "her little Drew" has gotten. I can read most of his notes, since I have some notebooks from Dustin that have similar writing in them! The first one says "Please do not come in my room. Not even grownups. Thank you." The second one is a Christmas list.
Nerf Gun
Glow in the dark Scateboard?
Taller ...?
Robot Dad
Robot Dog
To Santa Claus

I hope you keep these. They'll be treasures down the road!

Vicki in KS