Sunday, January 27, 2008

New Car!!!

I know...some of you family members are thinking "they just bought a new car like 2 years ago!" You're right, we did...but it was a piece of @$%^! For those of you out there that are possibly considering buying a Chrysler Pacifica, continue reading...

We bought the Pacifica in 2006 just before we PCS'd from Fort Riley. Got a great deal on it b/c it was a 2005 that was still on the lot when the 2006's began arriving. We should have seen things to come when we had it for 1 day and the DVD/CD changer gobbled-up 3 of our DVD's and wouldn't spit them back out. This happened twice in the first month. We finally got the DVD system fixed and largely had success with the car until about a year later when Kristin noticed a small "ticking" sound coming from the front end. Up examination at the dealer, they said the entire All Wheel Drive system had to be replaced (basically the entire transmission). the mechanic at the dealer told me that it would have been a $10,000 job had it not been covered under the warranty. Fast forward to a couple months ago when we had to have the rear axle-seal replaced, brake drums replaced and the gas pedel started sticking all of which was not covered under the powertrain warranty. So, with only 39,000 miles on it I had had enough.

So I started research on the internet and the field quickly narrowed to either the Honda Accord, or Toyota Camry, both of which are great cars. We test-drove both and felt the Accord to be a better car. So yesterday, we brought our new Honda Accord home! This is my first Honda and I must say that I am very, very impressed! The engineering is superb, the interior is awesome, the power and engine are great...I could go on for quite a while. Plus, the CD player is still working so we are already ahead of where we were with the Pacifica at this point.

So if you want to know more about both cars if you are in the market for a new car I have quite a bit of info. to share. Just email me if you want more info. Until then, I have attached a couple pics for your enjoyment...


1 comment:

Household6 said...

Now you are thinking like the Spencers!!!!

We try to never buy American...sad I know!

Congrats,

H